AMM Code of Ethics
1. The most important function of media is to serve the reader's needs and interests. By doing so, the best interests of advertisers are also served.
2. No editorial material will be published in return for advertising consideration, and no editorial material will be published in exchange for monetary compensation except as provided for editorial supplements by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly work in Medical Journals and the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME) Recommendations on Publication Ethics Policies for Medical Journals.
3. A member media brand will publish no advertisement that might be mistaken for its own editorial material due to style or format without labeling such as an advertisement, clearly and conspicuously.
4. Each media brand will maintain its editorial integrity and independence from influence by any outside sources, including advertisers and the government.
5. Media brands will support and promote the ideal of a free press.
6. Media brands will respect the trademarks and copyrights of other publications.
7. The print circulation of each publication will be verified periodically by an outside source to ensure distribution of the circulation outlined in its rate card.
8. Publishers shall make available for inspection, on request, data from its website traffic and digital monitoring tools in order to verify sales claims.
9. Media brands will deal honestly and fairly with all advertisers, and members’ pricing practices will conform to all applicable laws.
10. Media brands will not knowingly accept advertising that contains untruthful, deceptive, or misleading statements.11. Each AMM member will promote and sell space on its media brand's own merits, and will not use promotion or selling methods that disparage other publications and media brands.
Don't Miss the May Educational Meeting on Thursday May,18th. Check-in opens at 9:00am, program at 9:30am. Register Today!
4/14/17 - SSCG Study Finds Rule of Three Most Effective with Pharma Advertising
3/7/2017- Frontline Oncology Launches The Gastric Cancer Journal™ and The Sarcoma Journal™. Read Now!
Educational Sessions - Check-In opens at 9:00am, Program starts at 9:30 am est.